This is a reference of all the components customized by the plugin.
The original idea of the Material Theme plugin was to be able to customize the UI and Editor colors to look like the original Sublime theme. Since there wasn’t a way to create a new separate Look And Feel, the plugin is instead borrowing the native Look and feels, Darcula and IntelliJ, and overrides their colors as long as it is able to.
However, the original Sublime theme didn’t stop there. Aside from changing the colors of the editor, the theme also got to customize the different parts of the editor with a Material Design look and feel, which brought him a lot of stars. There should be a way to do it for Jetbrains IDE as well, right?
Guess there is, and now the plugin features Material Design components reworked from the ground up, making it look very similar to the original plugin, and even bringing new features to light!
Regular Editor tabs have been modified to look like Material design tabs:
- They got bigger
- An indicator is displayed under the active tab
- They can be bold uppercase
- The close button has been reworked
- Buttons have been flattened, and lost their bevel effect.
- The font have been increased to 13px, and got bold
- An animation is played when hovering them as they change color
Inputs, Numbers and Passwords
- They lost their border, instead only display a bottom border that get highlighted on focus
- They have a different background color in contrast mode
- Password fields have a new button to allow previewing the inputted characters
- Checkboxes are now filled with the accent color while the sign is transparent
- They get some sort of ripple effect when checked/unchecked
- Radio buttons got similar to the Material Design Radio buttons
- They get some sort of ripple effect when pressed
- The dropdowns/comboboxes got redesigned by having the same border as the inputs, which highlights on active/hover.
- Besides, they have been added more padding between items, as well as hovering over the selector, just like Material Design dropdowns. This behavior can be switched off via the
- Action Buttons (or Toolbar buttons) got redesigned to display some sort of ripple when hovered/pressed.
- The thumb got round and larger
- The track got thicked and received the accent color
- The steppers have been removed
- Table Headers and cells have been padded on top and bottom
- Table Headers got bold
- Table Cells got a beveled border when selected (this might change in the future)
- Striped table rows get the regular and contrast color of the current theme
- Tree Items height got bigger (can be customized in the settings)
- Selected item is highlighted with an indicator (can be customized in the settings)
- Arrows have been replaced with Material Arrows (“chevrons”) (but can be modified in the settings as well)
- Progress Bars have lost their “striped” look to look more like a regular filling bar
- Progress Loaders have been replaced with the usual Material Design circular loader
- Dialogs title bar’s text is now left aligned, bigger and bold
- On/Off buttons that appear inside the Command Panel and Search Everywhere
- The Navigation Bar at the top of the view looks more like Material Design breadcrumbs.